- 1. Tonti-Filippini NA. Smoking cessation and elective surgery: the cleanest cut [letter]. Med J Aust 2004; 181: 283-284. <eMJA full text>
- 2. Rodrigo C. The effects of cigarette smoking on anesthesia. Anesth Prog 2000; 47: 143-150.
- 3. Wild MR, Gornall CB, Griffiths DE, Curran J. Maintenance of anaesthesia with sevoflurane or isoflurane: effects on adverse airway events in smokers. Anaesthesia 2004; 59: 891-893.
- 4. W-Dahl A, Toksvig-Larsen S. Cigarette smoking delays bone healing: a prospective study of 200 patients operated on by the hemicallotasis technique. Acta Orthop Scand 2004; 75: 347-351.
- 5. Manassa EH, Hertl CH, Olbrisch RR. Wound healing problems in smokers and nonsmokers after 132 abdominoplasties. Plast Reconstr Surg 2003; 111: 2082-2087.
Publication of your online response is subject to the Medical Journal of Australia's editorial discretion. You will be notified by email within five working days should your response be accepted.