Angelo Labate,* Mark R Newton,† Graeme M Vernon,‡ Samuel F Berkovic§
- 1. Kahn LH, Alderfer RJ, Graham DJ. Seizures reported with tramadol. JAMA 1997; 278: 1661.
- 2. Gasse C, Derby L, Vasilakis-Scaramozza C, Jick H. Incidence of first-time idiopathic seizures in users of tramadol. Pharmacotherapy 2000; 20: 629-634.
- 3. Gardner JS, Blough D, Drinkard CR, et al. Tramadol and seizures: a surveillance study in a managed care population. Pharmacotherapy 2000; 20: 1423-1431.
- 4. Jick H, Derby LE, Vasilakis C, Fife D. The risk of seizures associated with tramadol. Pharmacotherapy 1998; 18: 607-611.
- 5. King MA, Newton MR, Jackson GD, et al. Epileptology of the first-seizure presentation: a clinical, electroencephalographic, and magnetic resonance imaging study of 300 consecutive patients. Lancet 1998; 352: 1007-1011.
- 6. Australian Government. Health Insurance Commission. Available at: www.hic.gov.au/statistics/dyn_pbs/forms/pbs_tab1.shtml (accessed Nov 2004).
Publication of your online response is subject to the Medical Journal of Australia's editorial discretion. You will be notified by email within five working days should your response be accepted.