Connect
MJA
MJA

Accidental death from acute selenium poisoning

Tony Lewis
Med J Aust 2007; 186 (9): 487-488.
Published online: 7 May 2007

To the Editor: I wish to address a statement made in a recent case report in the Journal entitled Accidental death from acute selenium poisoning.1 The authors claim that the death of a 75-year-old man after ingesting 10 g of sodium selenite “exposes the myth that natural therapies are inherently safe”.

  • Tony Lewis

  • Complementary Healthcare Council of Australia, Canberra, ACT.

Correspondence: tony.lewis@chc.org.au

Author

remove_circle_outline Delete Author
add_circle_outline Add Author

Comment
Do you have any competing interests to declare? *

I/we agree to assign copyright to the Medical Journal of Australia and agree to the Conditions of publication *
I/we agree to the Terms of use of the Medical Journal of Australia *
Email me when people comment on this article

Responses are now closed for this article.