Connect
MJA
MJA

Accidental death from acute selenium poisoning

Conor S Reilly
Med J Aust 2007; 186 (9): 487-488.
Published online: 7 May 2007

To the Editor: The report by See and colleagues on an accidental death from acute selenium poisoning1 draws attention to a misconception among some health-conscious consumers that, because selenium is obtainable without a prescription, it is safe to take in high doses.

  • Conor S Reilly

  • Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, UK.

Correspondence: reiyan99@aol.com

Author

remove_circle_outline Delete Author
add_circle_outline Add Author

Comment
Do you have any competing interests to declare? *

I/we agree to assign copyright to the Medical Journal of Australia and agree to the Conditions of publication *
I/we agree to the Terms of use of the Medical Journal of Australia *
Email me when people comment on this article

Responses are now closed for this article.