HIV will only be defeated when behavioural means of prevention become the basis of the global response
- 1. Lurie P, Reingold AL, Bowser B, et al. The public health impact of needle exchange programs in the United States and abroad. San Francisco: University of California, 1993.
- 2. Van Ameijden EJ, Watters JK, van den Hoek JA, Coutinho RA. Interventions among injecting drug users: do they work? AIDS 1995; 9 Suppl A: S75-S84.
- 3. Shilts R. And the band played on: politics, people, and the AIDS epidemic. New York: St Martin’s Press, 1988.
- 4. UNAIDS Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS. Annual report 2009: uniting the world against AIDS. Geneva: UNAIDS, 2010. http://data.unaids.org/pub/Report/2010/2009_annual_report_en.pdf (accessed Nov 2010).
- 5. The Global Fund 2010: innovation and impact. Geneva: The Global Fund, 2010. http://www.theglobalfund.org/documents/replenishment/2010/Global_Fund_2010_Innovation_and_Impact_en.pdf (accessed Nov 2010).
- 6. The Global Fund. By 2015 we can. Geneva: The Global Fund, 2010. http://www.theglobalfund.org/documents/replenishment/2010/Global_Fund_Achieving_by_2015_en.pdf (accessed Nov 2010).
- 7. UNAIDS/World Health Organization. 2009 AIDS epidemic update. Geneva: UNAIDS/WHO, 2009: 48-52. http://data.unaids.org/pub/Report/2009/JC1700_Epi_Update_2009_en.pdf (accessed Nov 2010).
- 8. The Global Fund. Donors commit US$11.7 billion to The Global Fund for next three years [press release]. 5 Oct 2010. http://www.theglobalfund.org/en/pressreleases/?pr=pr_101005c (accessed Nov 2010).
Publication of your online response is subject to the Medical Journal of Australia's editorial discretion. You will be notified by email within five working days should your response be accepted.