- 1. Lake FR, Ryan G. Teaching on the run tips 3: planning a teaching episode. Med J Aust 2004; 180: 643-644. <MJA full text>
- 2. Kaufman DM. ABC of learning and teaching in medicine. Applying educational theory in practice. BMJ 2003; 326: 213-216.
- 3. Gordon J. ABC of learning and teaching in medicine. One to one teaching and feedback. BMJ 2003; 326: 543-545.
- 4. Miller GE. The assessment of clinical skills/competence/performance. Acad Med 1990; 65(9 Suppl): S63-S67.
- 5. Peyton JWR, Allery L. Setting objectives. In: Peyton JWR, editor. Teaching and learning in medical practice. Rickmansworth, UK: Manticore Europe Limited, 1998: 57-67.
- 6. Douglas CK, Hosokawa MC, Lawler FH. Learning in the clinical setting. In: A practical guide to clinical teaching in medicine. New York: Springer, 1988: 7-18.
- 7. Connell KJ, Bordage G, Chang RW, et al. Measuring the promotion of thinking during precepting encounters in outpatient settings. Acad Med 1999; 74(10 Suppl): S10-S12.
- 8. Lake FR, Ryan G. Teaching on the run tips 4: teaching with patients. Med J Aust 2004; 181: 158-159. <MJA full text>
- 9. Smith R. Thoughts for new medical students at a new medical school. BMJ 2003; 327: 1430-1433.
- 10. Jaques D. ABC of learning and teaching in medicine. Teaching small groups. BMJ 2003; 326: 492-495.
Publication of your online response is subject to the Medical Journal of Australia's editorial discretion. You will be notified by email within five working days should your response be accepted.