To the Editor:
- 1. Condon JR, Zhang X, Dempsey K, et al. Trends in cancer incidence and survival for Indigenous and non-Indigenous people in the Northern Territory. Med J Aust 2016; 205: 454-458. <MJA full text>
- 2. Australian Bureau of Statistics. Northern Territory population growth (Cat. No. 1362.7). Canberra: ABS; 2011. http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Products/1362.7∼Mar+2011∼Main+Features∼Population?OpenDocument (accessed Nov 2016).
- 3. Butler T, Stevens C. National Summit on Tobacco Smoking in Prisons: report on the summit. Perth: National Drug Research Institute; 2010. http://ndri.curtin.edu.au/local/docs/pdf/publications/R247.pdf (accessed May 2017).
- 4. Hefler M, Hopkins R, Thomas DP. Successes and unintended consequences of the Northern Territory’s smoke-free prisons policy: results from a process evaluation. Public Health Res Pract 2016; 26: e2621619.
- 5. Clarke JG, Martin RA, Stein L, et al. Working Inside for Smoking Elimination (Project WISE) study design and rationale to prevent return to smoking after release from a smoke free prison. BMC Public Health 2011; 11: 767.
Publication of your online response is subject to the Medical Journal of Australia's editorial discretion. You will be notified by email within five working days should your response be accepted.