Abdul Ghafur explains that we need to move beyond national boundaries to tackle antimicrobial resistance
- 1. Ghafur A, Mathai D, Muruganathan A, et al. “The Chennai Declaration”: recommendations of “A roadmap — to tackle the challenge of antimicrobial resistance” — a joint meeting of medical societies of India. Indian J Cancer 2013. [Epub ahead of print.] http://www.indianjcancer.com/preprintarticle.asp?id=104065 (accessed Feb 2013).
- 2. Ghafur A. Can India be the wing commander in the global fight against antimicrobial resistance? J Assoc Physicians India 2012; 60: 42-43.
- 3. Nordmann P, Naas T, Poirel L. Global spread of Carbapenemase-producing Enterobacteriaceae. Emerg Infect Dis 2011; 17: 1791-1798. doi: 10.3201/eid1710.110655.
- 4. Sirinavin S, Dowell SF. Antimicrobial resistance in countries with limited resources: unique challenges and limited alternatives. Semin Pediatr Infect Dis 2004; 15: 94-98.
- 5. Goossens H. The Chennai declaration on antimicrobial resistance in India. Lancet Infect Dis 2013; 13: 105-106.
Publication of your online response is subject to the Medical Journal of Australia's editorial discretion. You will be notified by email within five working days should your response be accepted.