- 1. Gawande A. Complications. A surgeon’s notes on an imperfect science. London: Profile Books, 2002: 11-34.
- 2. O’Connor HM. Teaching undergraduate medical students in procedural skills. Emerg Med 2002; 14: 131-135.
- 3. Miller GE. The assessment of clinical skills/competence/performance. Acad Med 1990; 65(9 Suppl): S63-S67.
- 4. Norcini JJ. ABC of learning and teaching in medicine. Work based assessment. BMJ 2003; 326: 753-755.
- 5. Epstein RM, Hundert EM. Defining and assessing professional competence. JAMA 2002; 287: 226-235.
- 6. Lake FR, Hamdorf JM. Teaching on the run tips 5: teaching a skill. Med J Aust 2004; 181: 327-328.
- 7. Smee S. ABC of learning and teaching in medicine. Skill based assessment. BMJ 2003; 326: 703-706.
- 8. Talbot M. Monkey see, monkey do: a critique of the competency model in graduate medical education. Med Educ 2004; 38: 587-592.
Publication of your online response is subject to the Medical Journal of Australia's editorial discretion. You will be notified by email within five working days should your response be accepted.