To the Editor: In their case report entitled "Dangerous bodies", Nocera and colleagues described a case of poisoning with aluminium phosphide tablets,1 which generate the fumigant gas phosphine when exposed to moisture.2 The foul odour emanating from the patient alarmed hospital staff, leading to evacuation of the emergency department. After the patient died, they sealed his body in an impervious suit and bin. It was buried, without autopsy, using earth-moving equipment — it being considered too dangerous to do this by hand. The burial was filmed for television.
Publication of your online response is subject to the Medical Journal of Australia's editorial discretion. You will be notified by email within five working days should your response be accepted.