Volume 171 Issue 2
19 July 1999
Promoting an evidence base for general practice
Martin B Van Der Weyden (MJA 1999; 171: 60-61)
- Acne and acne scarring: why should we treat?
Gregory J Goodman (MJA 1999; 171: 62-63)
- Medicine and palliative care
Ian Maddocks (MJA 1999; 171: 63-64)
- Oral agents in type 2 diabetes: where to now?
Lesley V Campbell, Donald J Chisholm (MJA 1999; 171: 64-65)
Editorial: Asthma in general practice: action plans or planned actions?
Peter G Gibson (MJA 1999; 171: 67)
- Randomised controlled trial of general practice based asthma clinics
Adrian R Heard, Ian J Richards, John H Alpers, Louis S Pilotto, Brian J Smith, Julie A Black (MJA 1999; 171: 68-71)
- Comparison of patients with asthma managed in general practice and in a hospital clinic
Omar A Abdulwadud, Michael J Abramson, Larry Light, Francis C K Thien, E Haydn Walters (MJA 1999; 171: 72-75)
- Editorial: General practice consultations: quality time?
Deborah C Saltman, Natalie A O'Dea (MJA 1999; 171: 76)
- Consultation length and chronic illness care in general practice: a qualitative study
Carmel M Martin, Cathy L Banwell, Dorothy H Broom, Meherun Nisa (MJA 1999; 171: 77-81)
Editorial: Vaccines and the cold chain: is it too hot ... or too cold?
Margaret A Burgess, Peter B McIntyre (MJA 1999; 171: 82)
- Electronic temperature monitoring and feedback to correct adverse vaccine storage in general practice
Michael S Gold, Louise Martin, Claire L Nayda, Ann E Kempe (MJA 1999; 171: 83-84)
- Shared care through divisions of general practice: moving forward
Mark F Harris, Gawaine Powell Davies (MJA 1999; 171: 85-88)
- Out-of-surgery care: will there be a role for Australian general practitioners?
Harry M Nespolon (MJA 1999; 171: 89-90)
Evidence-Based General Practice
- Clinical practice guidelines and general practice: the sleeping giant in Australian healthcare integration?
Claire L Jackson, Inge C de Jong (MJA 1999; 171: 91-93)
Medicine and the Community
- Medical care in aged-care facilities: new directions
Brian M Draper (MJA 1999; 171: 94-96)
- As doctors, we are healers
Charles D Kerr (MJA 1999; 171: 104)