Alan R Clough,* Bart J Currie,† Maymuna W Yunupingu,‡ Katherine M Conigrave§
- 1. Northern Territory of Australia. Kava. Darwin: Northern Territory Treasury, Racing, Gaming and Licensing Division, 2005. Available at: http://www.nt.gov.au/ntt/licensing/kava.shtml (accessed Sep 2005).
- 2. Clough AR. Enough! or too much. What is “excessive” kava use in Arnhem Land? Drug Alcohol Rev 2003; 22: 43-51.
- 3. d’Abbs P. A review of kava control measures in the Northern Territory. Darwin: Menzies School of Health Research, 1993.
- 4. Clough AR, Jacups SP, Wang Z, et al. Health effects of kava use in an eastern Arnhem Land community. Intern Med J 2003; 33: 336-340.
- 5. Currie BJ, Fisher DA, Howard DM, et al. Endemic melioidosis in tropical northern Australia: a 10-year prospective study and review of the literature. Clin Infect Dis 2000; 31: 981-986.
- 6. Currie BJ, Clough AR. Kava hepatoxicity with Western herbal products: does it occur with traditional kava use? Med J Aust 2003; 178: 421-422. <MJA full text>
Publication of your online response is subject to the Medical Journal of Australia's editorial discretion. You will be notified by email within five working days should your response be accepted.