Volume 174 Issue 6
19 March 2001
Economy class syndrome
Alex S Gallus, Ross I Baker (MJA 2001; 174: 264-265)
- Helping older people to remain in their own homes
R Arthur Criddle, Leon Flicker (MJA 2001; 174: 266-267)
- Clinicians and guidelines: leading a horse to water...
Claire L Jackson, Inge C de Jong (MJA 2001; 174: 267-268)
- Advancing the field of clinical ethics: particularity and practicality
Bernadette Tobin (MJA 2001; 174: 269-270)
- Incidence of nursing home placement in a defined community Jie Jin Wang, Paul Mitchell, Wayne Smith, Robert G Cumming, Stephen R Leeder (MJA 2001; 174: 271-275)
- Compliance with guidelines for continuity of care in therapeutics from hospital to community Andrea Mant, Wendy C Rotem, Linda Kehoe, Karen I Kaye (MJA 2001; 174: 277-280)
- Mortality and life-years lost due to alcohol: a comparison of acute and chronic causes Tanya N Chikritzhs, Helen A Jonas, Tim R Stockwell, Penny F Heale, Paul M Dietze (MJA 2001; 174: 281-284)
Medicine and the community
- Evidence-based medicine: how good is the evidence?
David S Celermajer (MJA 2001; 174: 293-295)
- Confidentiality Lynn Gillam, J Miles Little (MJA 2001; 174: 296-297)
- Screening for colorectal cancer: what is the most cost-effective approach?
Terry D Bolin, Helen M Lapsley, Melvyn G Korman (MJA 2001; 174: 298-301)
- SIDS: more facts and controversies
Paul N Goldwater (MJA 2001; 174: 302-304)
EBM in action
- Is isopropyl alcohol swabbing before injection really necessary?
Christopher B Del Mar, Paul P Glasziou, Anneliese B Spinks, Sharon L Sanders (MJA 2001; 174: 306)