Volume 174 Issue 2
15 January 2001
Herbal medicines for menopause: do they work and are they safe?
John A Eden (MJA 2001; 174: 63-64)
- Unravelling the Buteyko effect
E Haydn Walters, David P Johns (MJA 2001; 174: 64-65)
- Normocholesterolaemic dyslipidaemia: is there a role for fibrates?
Gerald F Watts, Simon B Dimmitt, Philip J Barter (MJA 2001; 174: 66-67)
- The effects of Chinese medicinal herbs on postmenopausal vasomotor symptoms of Australian women Susan R Davis, Esther M Briganti, Run Q Chen, Fabien S Dalais, Michael Bailey, Henry G Burger (MJA 2001; 174: 68-71)
- The effects of carbon dioxide on exercise-induced asthma: an unlikely explanation for the effects of Buteyko breathing training
Wael K Al-Delaimy, Scott M Hay, Kevin R Gain, David T Jones, Julian Crane (MJA 2001; 174: 72-74)
- Use of fake tanning lotions in the South Australian population
Kerri R Beckmann, Barbara A Kirke, Kieran A McCaul, David M Roder (MJA 2001; 174: 75-78)
- Clinical effects of bites from formally identified spiders in tropical Northern Territory
Geoffrey K Isbister, Tracey B Churchill, David B Hirst, Michael R Gray, Bart J Currie (MJA 2001; 174: 79-82)
The research enterprise
Medicine and the media
- The moving of St Vincent's: a tale in two cities
Marion R Haas, Jane P Hall, Liz A Chinchen (MJA 2001; 174: 93-96)
- "Ript from the womb": a short history of caesarean section Caroline M de Costa (MJA 2001; 174: 97-100)
EBM in action
- Does the location of deep venous thrombosis affect the risk of developing postphlebitic syndrome?
Elmer V Villanueva, Jeremy N Anderson, Eng T Gan (MJA 2001; 174: 101-102)