The Medical Journal of Australia offers employment opportunities in medical editing, copy editing, proofreading, graphic design, web design and administration.
Deputy Medical Editor (Full time or Part time negotiable)
Does working for the leading medical publication in the southern hemisphere interest you?
The Medical Journal of Australia (MJA) are seeking a medical graduate or practitioner to work alongside a very talented medical editorial team in the role of Deputy Medical Editor (DME). The role will also enable the successful applicant to work closely with the MJA’s Editor in Chief, Professor Nick Talley, as well as other high-profile clinicians and researchers from around Australia.
The Deputy Medical Editor will be involved in and have responsibility for editorial processes of the MJA including:
- assessing manuscript submissions;
- facilitating the peer review process;
- commissioning contributions;
- liaising with authors and copy editors; and
- writing for publication.
The role can be offered as either part-time or full time. Part-time applicants must be available to work 3 days per week (including either a Monday or a Wednesday). While it is preferred that the successful applicant work out of the Sydney-CBD office (Town Hall with easy train access), a remote working arrangement will be considered.
To be successful you will have:
- Have experience in medical publishing, writing and editing;
- Experience in clinical research, epidemiology and/or bio-statistics is highly desirable;
- Be a degree-qualified medical graduate (minimum); and
- Be able to make a strong contribution through applying your planning, organising, time management and communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
AMPCo (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Australian Medical Association) publishes the MJA and other products, and owns the leading marketing database for the health care industry.
For further information, please contact Lilia Kanna, Head of Publishing Content on telephone number 02 9562 6637.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and an up to date resume through SEEK.
Remuneration for this position will be determined after assessment of relevant skills and experience.
Closing Date for Applications - Tuesday 11 June 2019.