Is leading the publication of one of the most eminent medical journals in the southern hemisphere - The Medical Journal of Australia (MJA) - of interest to you?
As Publishing Manager, you will report directly to the Executive General Manager, while working closely with Professor Nick Talley as Editor in Chief, to lead a very professional and talented Editorial Team in publishing the MJA (22 issues), MJA Insight (48 issues), and other print and digital information that the Australasian Medical Publishing Company (AMPCo) produces.
You will also have opportunity to drive the development and performance of the publishing platforms, as well as contribute to AMPCo's business success as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
As Publishing Manager you will be is responsible for:
- Defining and driving the strategy for the editorial department through the management and direction of editorial and content development
- Maintaining a front-list publishing pipeline 5-6 months ahead of the MJA published issue dates
- Product (print and digital) and brand development. From time to time performing an outward facing role in support of the editorial and content development functions
- Jointly with the Executive GM, implement and manage efficient outsourced publishing functions, as well as develop effective business partner relationships
- Reporting on publication performance metrics and P&L.
You will work out of AMPCo's Sydney CBD-based office which is conveniently located near Town Hall station.
To be successful you will have:
- Previous experience in a senior role in a professional or educational print and digital, multi-channel publishing or product development environment
- Solid product development experience in a publishing environment
- Proven experience in effectively managing a team of knowledge workers
- Divisional P&L management
- Experience working in or with people in an educational, research or clinical environment
- Experience building and presenting business cases at a senior management and board level, as well as project managing related initiatives
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
AMPCo (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Australian Medical Association) publishes the MJA and other products, owns the leading marketing database for the health care industry and also markets a range of complementary products.
For further information please contact Delores D'Costa, Executive General Manager in the first instance on telephone number 02 9562 6622.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and an up to date resume through SEEK.
Closing Date for Applications - 18 May 2018.