The Medical Journal of Australia (MJA) offers all authors the option to publish their articles under green or gold open access terms via our publishing partner John Wiley and Sons. The MJA strongly recommends Gold open access as the most favourable to the rapid exposure of authors’ work in a sustainable publishing model.
Authors can flag their interest in open access options during the submission process and take it up directly via the Wiley Author Dashboard.
Gold open access
- The article is made freely available via Wiley Online Library and on the MJA website
- Authors can immediately post the final, published PDF of their article on a website, institutional repository, or other free public server
- Articles will be automatically submitted to PubMed Central and PMC mirror sites, when appropriate
- Authors retain copyright with a Creative Commons license
- Authors can fully comply with funder open access mandates
- Authors pay an article publication charge (APC) of $ 2,500 USD, 1,870 GPB, 2,115 EUR (AUD pricing is not currently offered to MJA authors)
Green open access
- Authors may place the accepted version of the article online in a repository or website following publication in a subscription-based journal and after a certain embargo period (12 months).