Do you enjoy working with culturally diverse communities and treating patients with unique medical needs? Are you interested in honing your clinical skills in new settings?
International Health & Medical Services (IHMS) provide health services to people in immigration detention throughout Australia and beyond. We do so in a manner that is;
- Medically appropriate
- Without any form of discrimination
- With appropriate dignity, human, cultural and gender sensitivity and
- With respect for privacy and confidentiality
We are seeking experienced GP’s to work at our clinics on Christmas Island. You will deliver primary health care services in a busy, challenging and rewarding environment. You will be supported by the local Area Medical Director, hospital Doctors on the Island and Medical Directors from the Sydney Head office as needed.
- Gain experience in managing tropical diseases and in isolated primary health care management in one role
- Highly rewarding team environment
- Financial incentives and holiday accrual
- Short and long term positions available – we will work around your availability.
- Full unconditional registration with AHPRA as a Medical Practitioner
- Experience with electronic medical records and medical practice systems
- Primary Care experience
- MBBS or MBChB or equivalent from an institution recognised by AHPRA
- Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency
- Fellowship with the RACGP or ACRRM
- Experience in rural/remote setting and emergency care
For more information please email your CV to Aysha.firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 9372 2307.
*All successful applicants will be subject to a mandatory criminal history check as part of the recruitment and selection process.